CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Update on Paige

Well I can not believe that my last post is from 2009!!!! That is so crazy so much has happen since then in my last post Paige is so little, she is growing to fast!


Anyways I thought I would post about Paige going to the hospital last Thursday, it was pretty scary! We were in that mall getting my sister a graduation present (we didn't get to finish) when Paige said that her stomach hurt. I asked her what was wrong with her stomach and before she could answer me she started screaming in pain and fell to her knees. I had to throw her over my shoulder and leave. We made it out to the car to find that someone hit my car at my office earlier in the day, Paige is still screaming at this point. Then I came home cause I was thinking that maybe she was just having really bad stomach cramps and needed to use the bathroom. I quickly learned that was not the case, cause she couldn't stand up and was sweating very bad, and still screaming in pain. So I had my sister come sit with Blake and off the er we went.
On the way there her eyes started rolling in the back of her head and she couldn't stay awake. She also starting making this funny noise like she was having a hard time breathing. When I got to the er, her whole body was limp, lucky my mom was working and was able to meet me cause I don't know what I would have done on my own. They rushed her back and as soon as they started to put the iv in her arm she started to wake up. She managed to stay awake for a while and they did some blood test and urine test. Once her results came back it showed high sugar levels in her blood and urine. The er doctor said that he thought that she had type 1 diabetes and that the pediatrics would come up to run more test. So we also did a xray and ultrasound that night which both came back normal, during this time Paige fell back asleep in a limp state for a few hours, so they decided to keep her over night and run more blood test in the morning. So her and I stayed in the hospital while joey went home to Blake (for those of you that didn't know this is how Joey and I spend our 4 year anniversary)
Paige and I finally got a room at 12am which is crazy since we got to the er at 2pm then by the time we finished paperwork and got to bed it was 2am. The nurse came in at 4 to numb Paige's arm so that we could do more blood work at 5am. So we pretty much didn't get much sleep, then those labs came back around 9am and since her fasting labs came back normal they sent us home.
Over the weekend we had lots of up and downs she was very weak for the most part and just not like herself. So we went back to the Dr. on Monday for a follow up appt and they did another urine test that showed more sugar and her glucose was still high. Since her urine was strong smelling they decided to treat her for a uti and gave her some antibiotics. To me that seems a little crazy since her urine tested negative for infection but whatever. Today we did 2 home glucose test that both came back normal so that is a good sign, we still aren't sure what is going on with her but Joey have been looking in to diabetes allot lately and I have a feeling that she may be in the pre-stages of it. So as of right now we go in for another follow up appt on Monday so I guess we will see what they say then. She hasn't made in big changes, she doesn't seem to be in pain the last 2 days but she is very pail and very tired all the time, and goes into such a deep sleep her body goes limp and it happens very fast.

0 comments: